Apple Salad Recipes With Cold Wild Rice
Apple Salad Ingredients:
3 ounce long grained rice and wild rice mix
½ medium apple cider, rinsed, cored and sliced
¼ cup seedless grapes, halved
1 tablespoon snipped cilantro
½ tablespoon cider vinegar
1/8 cup apple juice or orange juice
A dash of freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon golden raisins
½ tablespoon olive oil, preferably extra virgin
1 tablespoon toasted pecans, optional
- Cook the rice mix according to the directions mentioned on the package. If butter is mentioned in the cooking procedure, skip it.
- Toss apple slices along with cider vinegar and apple juice or orange juice in a large bowl. Stir in olive oil, snipped cilantro, chopped grapes, raisins and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cooked rice and cover the bowl. Place the covered bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 4 to 14 hours. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator just before serving and garnish with toasted pecans, if desired. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- This is a low calorie, diabetes friendly recipe which can be made in a jiffy.
- To make this recipe healthier use brown rice mix in place of refined rice as this will add more fiber and water soluble nutrients to your dish which are otherwise lost in the refining and polishing process of rice.