Vanilla Wafers Recipe – Crispy Wafers For Snacks
No. of servings: 20
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Vanilla Wafers Ingredients:
Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
Granulated sugar – 1/3 cup
Unsalted butter, softened – ¼ cup
Mashed ripe banana – ¼ cup
1 large egg
Grated lemon peel – ½ teaspoon
Ground nutmeg – 1/8 teaspoon
All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- First of all preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix sugar, butter and banana and beat it with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Then beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon peel and nutmeg until all is mixed well.
- Next beat in the flour at low speed until a soft dough is formed.
- Place spoonfuls of this soft dough on the baking sheet in round shapes.
- Bake these cookies in batches for about ten minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove these from the oven allowing them to cool and then serve.
- For a slight variation, a delicate touch can be added by dusting one tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar over the cookies right before serving or sprinkling one tablespoon of granulated sugar on the cookies while they are warm for a shiny sparkle.
Vanilla Wafers Calories and Health tips:
- Crispy vanilla wafers is a great diet recipe as it is a low calorie and low carbohydrate recipe.
- It also serves as a great snack and can be eaten over breakfast or with your evening tea.
- The nutritional value per serving 2 cookies is as follows: 24 calories, 3 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram protein, 11 mg sodium, 2 grams fat and 7 mg cholesterol.
- You can make vanilla wafers cakes, puddings, desserts and pies. Vegetable vanilla wafers is supposed to be a great recipe
- Vanilla extract has a number of benefits and it can be used for protecting cancer and used to improve digestion. It also helps reduce inflammation caused by fever and convulsions.
- Lemon peel is one of the ingredients used in this dish which is proved very useful as a tonic to the digestive system, immune system and skin and is also used to treat and prevent vitamin deficiencies, cold and flu.
- Bananas are very good for your health as they are rich sources of vitamin B, C and contain high amount of potassium and fiber.
- However, there is some amount of sugar and butter present in this recipe. Therefore, those suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure should consult a specialist before eating the cookies.