Recipe For Turkey Tomato Wrap With Wrap Sandwich For Breakfast
Turkey Tomato Wrap Ingredients
8 ounce deli-style turkey, de-skinned
3 large tortillas, whole wheat or tomato basil flour tortillas
7 ounce hummus
6 romaine lettuce
3 red onion slices, thin slices
3 small tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Place the whole wheat tortillas or tomato basil flour tortillas on a flat surface. Spread hummus evenly among all the tortillas.
- Place the deli-style turkey breast over the tortillas. Spread the lettuce, sliced onions and sliced tomatoes equally among all the tortillas. From one end roll each tortilla to get a spiral shape. Cut each roll into half to get 6 pieces. Serve. This recipe makes 3 servings.
- Turkey tomato wraps recipe is a quick recipe that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
- This recipe provides 236 calories, 29 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm dietary fiber, 19 gm proteins and 6 gm total fat per serving. This recipe provides very little cholesterol and saturated fat that is 32 mg and 1 gm per serving respectively.
- Turkey tomato wraps can be considered a high sodium recipe as it provides 458 mg sodium per serving. Commercially available hummus will not only contain high sodium but high fat too. Both these – that is the salt and the fat in hummus act as preservatives and help in increasing the shelf life of a product. Use homemade hummus (with no added salt) instead of commercially available ones to reduce the sodium values of this recipe.
- If you want to reduce the fat values of this recipe too then make sure to add very little oil in homemade hummus and preferably use extra virgin olive oil for rich flavor and taste.
- This recipe contains wheat or gluten in the tortillas. So if you are allergic to gluten and are on a gluten free diet then use other whole cereal tortillas with no gluten.
- When you use commercially available products in the market, make sure to read the food labels for sodium, type of fat, gluten and lactose, especially if you are allergic to any or if you are on a particular restricted diet. This wise step will help you to make correct choices and prevent any mishaps.
- To make this recipe healthier you may add different varieties of bell peppers in the wrap. Cucumber slices will also make a good combination along with onions and tomatoes in the wrap. These varieties of vegetable will not only add nutrients to your wrap, but also enhance the color and flavor, making your wrap more palatable.