Grilling Pineapple Kabobs and Fine Turkey Recipes
The mouth watering turkey kabobs with fresh pineapple and pickled ginger are difficult to resist.
1 pound turkey breast, strips, uncooked
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
10 ounce fresh pineapple
2/5 cup pickled ginger
1/3 cup rice vinegar
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1½ teaspoon minced garlic cloves
Salt to taste
Cooking Pineapple Kabobs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Spray non-stick cooking spray on a medium size baking pan and leave aside.
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in tap water for about 30 minutes to remove dirt, if any. Clean and pat them dry, leave aside.
- Wash the turkey tenders with plain tap water and pat them dry. Cut them into one and half inch cubes or bite size pieces. Take a re-sealable plastic food storage bag and place the turkey cubes in them. Chop the fresh pineapple into 1 inch cubes, leave aside. Cut the red pepper into quarters and remove the seeds from inside, then cut the quarters into bite size pieces.
- Add red peppers, pickled ginger, pineapple chunks, garlic, salt and black pepper to the turkey bag. After sealing the bag properly, turn it several times to ensure that all the ingredients mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove plastic bag from the refrigerator and assemble 4 skewers with the ingredients in the bag. First thread the skewers with red pepper, then turkey cubes then ginger slices and lastly pineapple chunks. Similarly arrange other 3 skewers and place in the baking pan. Cover the pan with an aluminum foil and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. As the turkey is soft and done, yet tender remove the skewers from the oven. Let then stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired serve the skewers over a bed of salad comprising of red and green cabbage and carrot. Onions and a slice of lemon (if not served with cabbage and carrots) can also be served along with pineapple turkey kabobs as they form excellent accompaniments. This recipe serves 4.
- The turkey that you use in this recipe should be preferably without the skin. Turkey with skin has high percentage of cholesterol and saturated fats that should be avoided as far as possible.
- This healthy recipe provides about 320 calories, 30 gm proteins and just 2 gm total fat per serving.