Recipe For Cake With Chocolate Coffee And Butter Chocolate Fillings
Tropical Coffee Cake Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 egg, whole, lightly beaten
2/3 cup plain yogurt, fat free
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
2 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoon flaked coconut
1 medium mango, peeled, seeded and chopped finely
- Lightly grease a round baking pan (about 9×1½ inch large) with cooking oil. Sprinkle flour over the greased pan and shake it well to spread. Leave the prepared pan aside.
- Stir together 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg powder in a large mixing bowl. Mix the dry ingredients well and push the flour away from the center to the sides so as to make a depression in the center of the flour mixture. Leave aside.
- Stir together the lightly beaten whole egg along with the plain fat free yogurt, cooking oil and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Add this egg mixture to the depression in the flour mixture all at once. Stir immediately just until the mixture is moistened, the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Toss the chopped mango pieces with the remaining 1 tablespoon all purpose flour in a separate bowl and gently fold the mango pieces in the lumpy batter mixture. Spread this lumpy batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the flaked coconut over the batter.
- Place the prepared pan in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for about 35 minutes. To check the doneness of the cake insert a wooden toothpick in the center of the cake after 30 or 35 minutes, if it comes out clean then consider it done. If not, then bake for another 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let it stand on a wire rack. Serve warm. This recipe makes 8 servings.
- Tropical coffee cake recipe provides 193 calories, 5 gm total fats, 34 gm carbohydrates and 4 gm proteins per serving.
- This recipe provides very low cholesterol and saturated fats- that is only 27 mg and 1 gm per serving respectively. Egg yolk is the major source of cholesterol in this recipe if you wish to make this cake cholesterol free then add 2 lightly beaten egg whites instead of 1 whole egg.
- This recipe provides moderate to low sodium that is 194 mg sodium per serving.