Tortellini Salad Recipes With Cheese, Broccoli And Minced Dressing
Tortellini Salad Ingredients:
4 ½ ounce tortellini, light garlic and cheese
½ cup carrots
½ cup fresh pea pods
1 green onion or scallion
1 ½ cup broccoli rabe
½ large tomato, chopped
2 lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tablespoon Dijon style mustard
2 teaspoons powdered fruit pectin
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir together the powdered fruit pectin, fresh basil, Dijon style mustard, minced garlic, ground pepper and sugar in a small bowl for dressing. Add water and white wine vinegar to the dressing mixture and mix well. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Cook tortellini or ravioli meanwhile according the directions mentioned on the package. If there is any salt or oil addition in the cooking directions for tortellini or ravioli then omit it. During the last 2 to 4 minutes of cooking, add the carrots and broccoli rabe to the water. Drain tortellini or ravioli along with carrots and broccoli rabe in a strainer or a colander. Place the colander or strainer under running cold water and rinse the mixture well. Drain again and leave aside.
- Combine the pasta mixture along with scallions or green onions in a medium size mixing bowl. Drizzle the pasta mixture with the dressing (stir dressing once before drizzling). Toss well to coat and cover the bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 2 to 24 hours.
- Stir fresh pea pods and chopped tomatoes gently into the chilled salad just before serving. Line 2 salad plates with fresh lettuce leaves. Spread salad over the leaves, serve immediately. This recipe makes 2 serving, 2 cups each.
- Make sure that the salad dressing you use (that is Dijon style mustard or other salad dressing) is low in fat.
- Tortellini salad recipe provides 253 calories, 42 gm carbohydrates, 14 gm proteins and 4 gm total fat per serving. This recipe can be considered a high fiber recipe as it provides 7 gm fiber per serving.
- This recipe can be categorized as a medium to high sodium recipe as it provides 398 mg sodium per serving. Tortellini with cheese is generally high in sodium and fat. If you wish to reduce the total sodium values of this recipe then you can choose plain tortellini or any other whole wheat pasta for this salad recipe.