Recipe For Toasted Almonds With Butter, Almonds And Rosemary
Toasted Almonds Recipe Ingredients:
4 ounce almonds
¾ teaspoon butter
½ tablespoon rosemary, fresh
¾ teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet evenly in a single layer. Place the sheet in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the almonds are lightly fragrant and toasted.
- Melt the butter meanwhile in a small saucepan over medium heat. As the butter sizzles remove it from the heat and stir in the fresh rosemary, salt, red pepper and brown sugar.
- Add the toasted almonds to the butter mixture and toss well to coat. Cool slightly for 10 minutes before serving. This recipe makes 8 servings. You may even place cooled almonds in an airtight container and store it for up to one month in the refrigerator or up to three months in the freezer.
- This Toasted almonds with rosemary and cayenne recipe provides 80 calories, 4 gm proteins, 3 gm carbohydrates and 7 gm total fat per serving.
- As this recipe is completely vegetarian, it provides negligible amounts of cholesterol. The saturated fat and trans fat values of this recipe are also very low or negligible.
- This recipe provides only 37 mg sodium per serving which is considered very low. However if you want to further reduce the sodium values then avoid adding salt to the butter mixture in step 2 and preferably use unsalted butter in place of the regular salted type.
- Like almonds, any other nuts, for example cashew nuts, pistachio nuts or walnuts, can be toasted and mixed with the butter mixture for variety. Although almonds are healthy, a variety of nuts will be healthier as only one food cannot supply all the necessary nutrients.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fatty acids, the same fats that are related to reduce LDL cholesterol in your body and decrease your risk for various heart diseases. However make sure that the almonds that you use for this recipe are with their skin.
- This is because the flavonoids found under the skin teams up with the vitamin E found in the almond meat and double the antioxidant effect in the body.
- Also a low calorie almond enriched diet has been proven to aid weight loss in overweight and obese individuals when compared to other low calorie high complex carbohydrate diets.