How To Make Chicken Tex Mex With Mexican Tacos Recipes?
Tex Mex Chicken Tacos Ingredients:
4 medium corn tortillas
6 ounces chicken breast, de-skinned
½ medium size red bell peppers
½ cup whole corn kernel, frozen
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1/8 cup cilantro
½ jalapeno pepper
½ teaspoon lime peel
1 tablespoon lime juice
¼ cup fresh orange juice, unsweetened
¾ teaspoon cornstarch
A pinch of salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cooking oil
¼ cup sour cream, light or fat free
- Place the chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Combine the lime juice, fresh orange juice, lime peel, minced garlic, jalapeno peppers, a dash of salt and the ground black pepper in a medium size bowl for marinade. Mix well and pour it over the chicken in the plastic bag. Seal the bag and turn it several times to coat. Place the bag in the dish and marinate for about 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator, turn the bag occasionally.
- After 2 hours remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Drain chicken and reserve the excess marinade in a small bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in a medium size nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. To the hot oil, add the sweet pepper strips and cook until they are slightly tender but crisp. Remove the sweet peppers from the skillet. In the same skillet add the chicken breast and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Add the thawed corn and heat through.
- Add the cornstarch in the marinade bowl and mix well. Add the marinade cornstarch mixture to the chicken mixture and stir well. Cook until the mixture in the skillet turns thick and bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes more. Add the cooked sweet pepper strips to the skillet and stir gently to combine.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in microwave safe paper towels and microwave on high (100 percent power) for about 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Top the chicken mixture with sour cream. Fold the tortillas over the chicken mixture and serve. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Tex-Mex chicken taco recipe provides 362 calories, 47 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm dietary fiber, 26 gm proteins and 9 gm total fats per serving.
- This recipe can be considered a low sodium recipe as it provides only 138 mg sodium per serving. If you wish to reduce the sodium values of this recipe further then avoid adding salt in the chicken marinade.
- This recipe provides low cholesterol and saturated fats that is 61 mg and 1 gm respectively.