Tarragon Biscotti Recipe With Tarragon Cooking
Biscotti Recipe Ingredients:
3 ¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
2/3 cup sugar
½ cup butter
3 whole eggs or ¾ cup egg substitute
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel, finely shredded
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with butter or non stick cooking spray and leave aside.
- Combine all purpose flour along with baking powder in a small bowl and leave aside.
- Beat butter with an electric beater in a large bowl over medium to high speed for about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add lemon peel, tarragon, salt and sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is well combined.
- Add egg product or 3 whole eggs to the beaten butter mixture and beat further until the eggs are well combined.
- Lastly beat in as much flour and baking powder in the beaten butter and try to combine the flour with butter using the beater. With the help of a wooden spoon stir in the remaining flour and baking powder along with walnuts. Prepare dough out of this and divide the dough in two equal halves.
- Shape each divided dough halves into a long loaf of 11 inches. Place both the loaves on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten each of them lightly until they are about 2 inch wide. There should be at least a minimum gap of 5 inches between the two loaves on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 22 to 25 minutes or till the loaves turn light brown in color. After done remove from oven and cool them on the cookie sheet for more than 60 minutes or till they are cooled completely.
- Preheat the oven again to 325 degree Fahrenheit. Transfer the cooled loaves over a cutting board and cut them into ½ inch thick slices diagonally. Lay the cut slices over a cookie sheet, cut side down and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes open the oven and turn the sides over. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes or until the cut loaf is dry and light brown in color. Remove from oven and let them cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. This recipe makes 10 servings.
- Tarragon biscotti is a low calorie recipe which provides about 112 calories, 6 gm total fat (2 mg saturated fat and 8 mg cholesterol), 14 gm carbohydrates, 2 gm proteins and 66 mg sodium per serving.