Easy To Make Summer Berry Cooler Drink Recipe
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
¼ cup fresh raspberries
1 ½ tablespoon apple juice concentrate, frozen
½ can lemon or lime diet soda
Summer Berry Drink Easy Method
- Combine fresh strawberries along with fresh raspberries and frozen apple juice concentrate in a blender. Cover the lid and blend to get a smooth mixture.
- With the help of a fine mesh sieve, strain the mixture. Discard any remaining fibrous pulp and pour the strained juice into a medium size pitcher. Add the soda to the mixture and stir gently to allow the liquids to blend well.
- Place a few ice cubes in 2 chilled glasses. Pour the juice mixture over the ice cubes in the chilled glasses. Serve chilled. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Summer berry cooler is a low calorie, diabetes friendly recipe which provides only 49 calories, 3 gm dietary fiber, 1 gm proteins and 12 gm carbohydrates per serving. This recipe provides a negligible amount of total fat.
- This recipe provides only 17 mg sodium per serving, thus it is well suited for people on a low sodium diet.
- Blend the fruit mixture as smooth as possible (in step 1) to extract as much of the juice as possible. This remaining pulp can be used to flavor other dishes.