Strawberry Crush Recipes for Strawberry Sherbat
40 ounces of strawberries frozen in light syrup
8 teaspoons of corn starch
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons of lemon peel
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cans of evaporated milk, fat free about 12 ounces
Fresh strawberries halved for garnish (optional)
Juicy Strawberry Crush Method:
- Thaw the frozen strawberries thoroughly before proceeding with the method. Stir the sugar, lemon peel and corn starch in a small sauce pan. As the sugar melts add the evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture turns thick and bubbly. Cook for 2 more minutes and add vanilla extract at this stage. Stir for few seconds and remove from the heat. Transfer the contents to a bowl and cover it with cling film. Place the covered bowl in the refrigerator to chill for up to an hour or till it is completely chilled.
- Combine lemon juice with strawberries in light syrup in a food processor or blender. Cover the processor or blender and process or blend to get a smooth paste. Remove the milk mixture bowl from the fridge. Stir this strawberry paste in the chilled milk mixture. Pour the mixture in a 2 quarts ice cream freezer and freeze in the refrigerator according to the manufacturer’s direction. Now pack this mixture in a freezer container and cover it. Freeze it until firm, for approximately 3 hours.
- As the contents are firm scoop the chilled sherbet in serving bowls and serve chilled. If desired, serve the sherbet with fresh halved strawberries. This recipe makes 2 serving.
- Strawberry sherbet is an excellent dessert choice especially in summers as it deliciously helps to quench your thirst in this season.
- This is a low calorie, low fat recipe as it provides around 60 calories and a negligible amount of fat (less then 0.5 gm fat).
- To make this recipe diabetes friendly, replace the ½ cup table sugar with any natural sweetener or artificial sweetener of your choice. This minute change will not only make this dessert fit for a person with diabetes but will also be an ideal choice for any health conscious or weight conscious individuals.
- Replacing table sugar with natural or artificial sweetener will also reduce the total carbohydrate content of the recipe and make this dessert very low in total calories.
- You may also use unsweetened, plain soda in this recipe if you want to serve it in the form of a chilled drink.