Wilted Spinach Salad With Garlic And Fresh Olives
Wilted Spinach Salad Ingredients:
8 cup spinach
3 tablespoon kalamata olives, pitted (approximately 12 olives)
1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Lightly coat a non stick skillet with a non stick cooking spray and preheat the skillet over medium heat. Add olives and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove the sautéed olives from the skillet and place aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet add spinach and increase the heat to medium or high. Cook for a minute or two until the spinach is wilted. Toss occasionally with 2 wooden spoons or tongs. Transfer the wilted spinach in a serving plate and top with sautéed olives and feta cheese. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Wilted spinach with olives can be an excellent healthy choice if are on a weight loss diet.
- This recipe provides about 82 calories, 5 gm protein, 6 gm carbohydrates and 4 gm fat per serving.
- The feta cheese that you use should be fat free or low fat or reduced fat cheese. Avoid using full calories or full fat cheese.
- Olives in this recipe provide good quality fat in the form of monounsaturated fatty acids.