Grilled Turkey Recipes
Turkey Recipes Ingredients:
12 pounds turkey, if using frozen then thawed
3 packet mixed herbs like rosemary, sage or thyme (fresh herbs poultry herb blend, about ¾ ounce)
2 tablespoon garlic herb sauce mix
1 ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 large onions, diced into large pieces
32 ounce or 1 bag carrot party sticks and celery
1½ teaspoon crushed garlic
1 can chicken broth, low sodium (about 32 ounces) and low fat
¾ cup softened butter, not melted
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 thick fresh lemon slice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine poultry seasoning, softened butter, crushed garlic and garlic herb sauce mix in a medium size bowl. Mix all these ingredients well using a fork until they are combined. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until the butter is firm, not hard.
- In a roasting pan arrange carrots, celery and half the amount of diced onions; add chicken broth to these arranged vegetables and leave the pan aside.
- Rinse thawed turkey under running water and using paper towels pat it dry. Loosen the skin all around the bird using your fingers. Take the hard butter mixture and cut it into many large pieces. Under the loosened skin of the entire turkey place these large butter pieces. You may rub any remaining butter on the outside of the turkey skin. Lightly season the outside skin of the turkey with salt and pepper. Stuff fresh herb poultry blend, remaining onions and lemon slices inside the turkey cavity and truss if needed. Insert a thermometer (pop up) in the thickest part of the turkey breast that is about 2 inches from the breast bone and 3 inches down from the neck cavity.
- Place this stuffed turkey in the roasting pan over the bed of vegetables and place the pan in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature in the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit and roast for around 60 minutes. Every 20 minutes, baste with the pan juices until the pop up thermometer pops up or until an instant read thermometer reads 180 degree Fahrenheit when inserted in the turkey thighs. Remove the herbed roasted turkey with butter from the oven when desired doneness is achieved. Let it stand for 5 minutes and serve hot. This recipe makes 12 servings.
- To decrease the total fat, cholesterol and saturated content of this recipe you may choose to bake the turkey without the skin. Skip the butter also. Lightly brush the de-skinned turkey with butter instead of stuffing the entire skin with butter. Rest all the ingredients and method can remain the same.