Mini Fruit Tart Recipes With Fresh Fruit Desserts
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
½ large egg whites
½ tablespoon canola oil
½ tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon orange juice
¾ cup vanilla yogurt, low fat
1/8 cup whipping cream, low fat
½ teaspoon gelatin, unflavored
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
2-2½ cups fresh colorful fruits of your choice (recommended – strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwis)
1½ tablespoon red currant jelly (optional)
Cooking Recipes for Tart Cakes
- Spoon in vanilla yogurt in a fine mesh stainless-steel sieve. Place a bowl below the sieve and place the sieve with the bowl in the refrigerator for an hour.
- For crust: Take a tart pan with removable bottom and coat it lightly with a cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 300 degree Fahrenheit. Take egg white in a medium bowl and beat it lightly with a wire whisk. Stir in the butter, cracker crumbs, and oil. Combine them lightly with the help of a fork. Spread this mixture in the greased tart pan, extending it 1 inch up to the sides of the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or till the crust is crisp to touch and dry in texture. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- For filling: Take a large heatproof bowl and pour orange juice in it. Add gelatin and allow it to soften for few minutes. To completely dissolve gelatin place the bowl in a large pan with simmering water for 2 minutes. You may also use a microwave safe bowl and melt the gelatin in microwave. In another bowl beat sugar with cream until it forms soft peaks. With the help of a rubber spatula fold the drained vanilla yogurt in the gelatin mixture. Then with the same spatula fold the beaten cream and sugar mixture gently. Spread this filling in the tart crust and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or till it is partially set.
- Melt the red currant jelly in a saucepan over low heat if you plan to glaze the fruits. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Peel or trim the fruits into desired shapes and size and arrange them in a decorative way over the chilled filling. Brush the fruits with the glaze and return the tart in the refrigerator. Chill for up to 4 hours before serving. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Choose a variety of fresh fruits and try to give a mixed colored look to the tart. Variety of fruits will also provide you with a variety of nutrients.
- This is a healthy low calorie, low carbohydrate, low cholesterol, low sodium and healthy weight recipe.