Grilled Lemon Herb Halibut Recipes
Halibut Recipe Ingredients:
6 halibut steaks, approximately 6 ounce each
1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 tablespoon fresh oregano
4 tablespoon olive oil, preferably extra virgin
4 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly extracted
4 medium size garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
Fresh oregano or thyme sprig
- If you use frozen fish then thaw it thoroughly before proceeding. Wash halibut steaks with water and drain any excess water. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels.
- For marinade: Combine crushed or snipped oregano (you may even use thyme in place of oregano), lemon juice, minced garlic, lemon-pepper seasoning and oil in a large shallow dish. Coat both the sides of the fish with this marinade and leave it in the shallow dish. Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator. Let the fish remain in the marinade for 30 to 90 minutes. For even marinating turn the fish steaks once or twice in this period. Marinating the fish is recommended for at least an hour for the steaks to get a tangy flavor.
- Remove the shallow dish with fish from the refrigerator and drain the fish to remove excess fluid. Reserve the marinade. Lightly grease an unheated rack of a broiler pan. Place the marinated steaks over the rack and broil around 4 inches away from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Halfway through broiling turn the fish once and brush the reserved marinade on both the sides. Discard the remaining marinade. Test the fish with a fork, if the fish flakes easily then consider it done. If the fish doesn’t flake or if the fork doesn’t go easily in the steaks then broil for another 5 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with a fresh sprig of oregano or thyme. If desired you may even serve the steaks with lemon wedges.
- This recipe provides around 235 calories and 8 gm fat per serving.
- Grilled lemon herb halibut can be considered a high protein recipe as it provides about 36 gm protein per serving. If you are on protein restricted diet or purine restricted diet, you should include this recipe in your meal only after a confirmation note from your specialist.
- This recipe also provides about 636 mg sodium per serving, so if you are on sodium restricted diet and wants to include this recipe in your meal then don’t forget to watch your other sources of sodium in diet.