Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken Breast Recipe Ingredients:
6 boneless chicken breast halves, skinless
¼ cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 peppers, (chili or pasilla chili peppers or ancho or pasilla peppers) or ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or toasted blanched almonds
¼ cup water, tap water
¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon coriander, ground
¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon sugar, granulated
Warmed tortilla, flour (optional)
Lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Cut the chili peppers and discard its seeds and stems. Combine them with ¼ cup tap water in a small sauce pan. On medium heat bring the contents to a boil. After a boil remove the saucepan from heat and let the peppers cool. After about 30 minutes drain all the water and set the peppers aside. You may skip this step and start directly with step 2 is you choose to use crushed red pepper flakes.
- In another skillet, arrange chicken and add small amount of tap water over it. Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Over a medium heat bring a boil. After a boil lower the heat, cover the skillet and let the chicken simmer in the water for about 10 to 15 minutes or till the chicken is no longer pink.
- For the sauce: Combine red pepper flakes or chili peppers, pumpkin seeds or almonds, tomatoes, onions, sugar, garlic, cinnamon, coriander, chicken broth and salt in a blender or a food processor. Cover the lid and blend or process to get a smooth paste. Scrap the sides of the blender or processor occasionally for an even smooth paste. Transfer this paste in a medium size sauce pan and boil it over medium heat. After a boil, let it simmer for a minute and then remove the pan from the heat.
- For serving: Spoon the steaming hot sauce over the chicken. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, warmed flour tortilla and lime wedges. You may even sprinkle some additional almonds or pumpkin seeds if desired. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Chicken with pumpkin-pepper mole provides about 265 calories, 8 gm total fat, 40 gm protein and 9 gm carbohydrates per serving. This recipe can be considered a high protein recipe.
- This recipe also provides about 400 mg sodium and 90 mg cholesterol, so if you are on a low sodium or low cholesterol diet then adjust your other foods in the day accordingly.