Adobo Pork Chops Pasta Recipes
The excellent adobe style paste which forms the marinade in this recipe gives an exceptional spice to the pork loins.
Pork Chops Ingredients:
4 small pork chop (lean), loin chops, boneless cut into ¾ inch thick
For the marinade:
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ teaspoon red wine or vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cilantro
1 teaspoon red chili powder
½ teaspoon oregano, dried
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients of marinade in a small bowl. Place the pork chops in a shallow dish and pour this mixed spices (marinade) over it. Mix well. Make sure that the marinade covers all parts of pork chops. You may choose to grill the pork chops immediately within an hour. But to get a juicy flavor to the recipe it is recommended to leave the pork chops in the refrigerator with the marinade for 2 to 24 hours. You may stir the chops occasionally.
- Pre heat the grill with medium-hot charcoal for direct heat cooking. Before grilling drain the chops and discard the watery marinade. Lightly oil the grills (you may use a brush to oil) and place the marinated chops directly over the uncovered grill and grill over medium-hot coals. Grill till the chops are done or for around 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the chops once half way to ensure an even cooking of the chops from all the sides. When the juices run clear from the chops (at about 160 degree Fahrenheit) the chops are done. Serve hot. You may garnish with cilantro or shredded cabbage if desired. This recipe serves 2.
- Special equipments for the recipe – An instant read thermometer and a 17x12x3 inch disposable aluminum roasting pan.
- You may also place the pork chops in a re-sealable plastic bag and pour marinade in that bag. For the pork chops to get a juicy flavor marinade them for about 2 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before proceeding with the recipe trim all the visible fat from the pork chops. This will not only help to reduce the total fat content but will also help you to decrease the saturated fat and cholesterol content.
- This recipe provides around 189 calories and 7 gm of total fat per serving. Adobo pork chops can be considered a high protein recipe as it provides around 25 gm of protein per serving.