Tasty, Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
¾ cup rolled oats
1/8 cup butter, softened
¼ cup boiling water
½ cup raisins
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup frozen or refrigerated egg product, thawed
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add the raisins to the boiling water in a small bowl and leave aside.
- Combine the softened butter along with the peanut butter in a medium size bowl. Beat both the butters on medium speed using an electric beater for 20 seconds. Stir the thawed egg product, sugar, vanilla essence, baking soda and cinnamon into the butter mixture and beat further to combine. Gradually add the all purpose flour and beat again to get a smooth mixture. Lastly add the rolled oats and mix well.
- Drain the raisins. Stir the drained raisins along with the semisweet chocolate pieces into the oat and flour mixture.
- Drop the prepared dough with the help of a medium size rounded spoon onto an un greased cookie sheet. Keep at least a 2 inch gap between each dropped mixture. Place the cookie sheet with the dough in the preheated oven and bake for about 8 to10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Transfer the cookies onto a wire rack after baking and allow them cool. Serve. This recipe makes 20 servings.
- Note: Bake the cookies in batches according to the size of your oven for even baking.
- Must-have chocolate chip cookies is a low calorie and diabetes friendly cookie recipe which provides around 87 calories, 2 gm proteins, 12 gm carbohydrates, 1 gm fiber and 4 gm total fat per serving.
- This recipe provides only about 2 gm saturated fat and 3 mg cholesterol per serving. This recipe can be considered to be a low sodium cookie recipe as it provides only 47 mg sodium per serving. Thus must-have chocolate chip cookies can also be categorized as a heart friendly cookie recipe.
- You may use sugar substitute instead of refined sugar in this recipe. This little change will not only help to decrease the total calories, but will also decrease total carbohydrates of this recipe. However make sure to read directions on the package of the sugar substitute and use only the equivalent amount to replace ¼ cup sugar.
- This recipe contains dairy, nuts, eggs, wheat or gluten, so if you are allergic to any of these products, make sure that you use adequate substitutes.