Meringue Dessert Recipes With Almond Meringue And Chocolate
Meringue Recipe Ingredients:
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
3 egg whites
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon shortening
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon instant espresso
- Preheat the oven to 250 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with a foil or a parchment paper and leave aside.
- Stir together cornstarch, powdered sugar, espresso powder and cocoa powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Take egg whites in another large bowl and beat with an electric mixture over medium to high speed until they get foamy. Add granulated sugar gradually (about 1 teaspoon at a time) and continue beating until the egg white reaches stiff peak stage (the tips of the beaten egg white mixture should stand straight when the beater is lifted from the mixture).
- Fold this beaten egg whites gradually small amounts at a time in the cocoa mixture. Transfer this mixture in a pastry bag and pipe about 2 inch 24 kisses on the prepared cookie sheet. To pipe kisses simply drop the mixture by round teaspoon on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven when all the 24 cookies are made. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let it the cookies cool. Remove the cookies from the foil or parchment paper when warm enough to handle.
- Combine shortening along with chocolate in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until both are melted and mixed well, stirring constantly. Drizzle this melted chocolate and shortening over the cookies before serving. This recipe makes 24 servings.
- Mocha meringue kisses is a very low calorie recipe which provides only 36 calories and 1 gm total fat per serving.
- This recipe can be considered diabetes friendly as well as heart friendly as it provides very little simple and complex carbohydrates, sodium, cholesterol and saturated fats per serving; that is it provides only 6 gm carbohydrates, 7 gm sodium, negligible cholesterol and 1 gm saturated fat per serving.
- This is an easy cookie recipe which can be made in about 60 to 90 minutes.
- To decrease the total calories and carbohydrate of this recipe further you may use granulated natural sweetener or artificial sweetener instead of granulated sugar. Make sure that the sweetener you use is heat stable and in powder form for ease.