Garnished Melon Grape Bunch
Ingredients: One honey dew melon
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Take one ripe honey dew melon and cut it into half. Make sure that it is not too ripe though. Remove the seeds and use a melon scooper to make small balls. Now arrange them as a bunch of grapes. You can finish off by using a sprig of coriander or parsley and use it effectively in your salad bar. You may if you wish refrigerate them for a while so that they remain solid.
- Honeydew is a variety of edible melon that is found in two colours, either with green flesh or orange flesh. Honey dew melon nutrition is minimal, although the foliate it contains is known to prevent birth defects and is a necessary component in the diet of pregnant women. It contains the same amount of nutrition found in summer or winter squash. It is also a popular fruit salad ingredient and is known as the sweetest of all melons.
Nutritional value per 100 grams:
Energy: 150KJ, Carbohydrates: 9 g, Fat: 0.1 g, Sugars: 8 g, Protein: 0.5 g, Dietary fiber: 1 g Sodium: 18 mg, Vitamin C: 18 mg
- The honeydew melon is contains a minimal amount of Saturated Fat, Sodium and Cholesterol.
- It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Copper and Folate
- The particular nutritional value and health benefits of honeydew melons make them ideal for those who wish to lose weight while at the same time maintain optimum health. However, if you wish to gain weight, then it would be advisable to not include them in your diet.
- Foliate is an essential component during the rapid division of cells as it carries fragment quantities of protein. One cup of scooped out honeydew has just 60 calories and yet it miraculously provides for 70 percent of our every day requirement of vitamin C. On a hot summer day, a few large spoons of this melon can keep one from getting dehydrated.
- While being fat-free, free of cholesterol and containing negligible amounts of sodium, it manages to deliver almost 100 percent of the critical energy component that is found in functional foods. Research has proved that the fruit plays an active role in preventing cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain types of cancer.
- They are good for healthy glowing skin and can even be applied to the skin as part of a fruit pack.