How To Make Easy Whole Wheat Rolls With Quick Rolls Recipe?
Whole Wheat Roll Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
4 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
2 large eggs, whole
½ cup warm water, 100-110 degrees warm
¼ cups packed brown sugar
12 ounce cottage cheese, low fat about 2 %
3 tablespoon light butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
- Take warm water in a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in it. Let the yeast stand for about 5 to 6 minutes in the warm water.
- Spoon both types of flour lightly in dry measuring cups; level them with the help of a blunt knife.
- Place low fat cottage cheese in the food processor container. Cover and process for 15 to 20 seconds or until smooth. Break the eggs in the smooth cottage cheese mixture. Add melted butter and brown sugar. Cover and process until well blended.
- Stir the whole wheat flour, cottage cheese mixture and salt into the yeast mixture bowl. Add the all purpose flour and mix well to form soft dough. Turn out the soft dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed for about 10 minutes or until the dough turns smooth and elastic.
- If the dough is sticking in your hands then add 1 tablespoon flour at a time and kneed until you feel that the dough is no longer sticky, but soft.
- Place the prepared dough in a lightly coated large bowl. Cover and keep it in a warm place to rise. Keep in a draft free place for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the dough is doubled in size. You may check the dough by pressing 2 fingers in the dough, if the indentation remains then consider the dough to be done.
- Punch the dough gently and cover it. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then divide it in thirds. Take a portion (cover the remaining portions to prevent them from drying out) and shape it into balls.
- Place these balls in muffin cups which are lightly coated with cooking spray. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- Cover the muffin cups and let the balls rise until they are almost double in size or for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Place the muffin cups in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden. Remove the rolls immediately from the pan. Serve warm. This recipe makes 36 servings, 1 roll per serving.
- Whole wheat roll recipe is a healthy recipe that provides only 79 calories, 1.5 gm total fat, 13 gm carbohydrates and 4 gm proteins per serving.