Fruit Smoothe Recipes with Beverage Sipper Delight
Chocolate Sipper Ingredients:
1 medium size banana
2 cups cow’s milk, low fat
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Drinking chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- Peel the banana and slice it. Freeze it in a refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours. Combine all the ingredients in a blender to include the frozen banana, milk, honey, vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
- Cover the blender with its lid and blend on medium speed to get a frothy and smooth liquid. Pour the smooth liquid in a serving glass. If desired, sprinkle a dash of drinking chocolate over it. Serve chilled. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Use only fat free or reduced fat milk for this recipe instead of whole cream milk. Also use cow’s milk and not buffalo milk as the latter is high in fat.
- To make this recipe diabetes friendly and low in calories substitute honey with artificial sweetener.
- Honey is a wise choice over sugar as it provides fewer calories and more nutrients than sugar.
- This recipe provides about 120 calories, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat and 23 gm carbohydrates per serving.
- This can be an ideal drink after your gym workouts as it can provide instant calories and also replenish the carbohydrate stores in the body.