Lemon Salad Grilled Salmon Recipes
Salmon Recipe Ingredients:
2 pounds salmon fillets
2 teaspoon lemon thyme
½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cedar grill planks
Lemon thyme, for garnish
- Thaw salmon fillets thoroughly before proceeding if you are using frozen salmon. Rinse the thawed fish and pat it dry with the help of paper towels.
- Soak the cedar grill planks in enough water at least an hour or two before using it for grilling purpose. To keep them submerged in water you may even add some weight on them.
- Place one salmon fillet, skin side down on the first plank. Brush olive oil over the top side of the fish and make sure that all the fish is well coated with the oil. Sprinkle some lemon thyme over the top side of the fish that is brushed with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Repeat the same procedure with the second salmon fillet.
- Place the seasoned salmon fillets directly over the grill planks and cook over low heat. Cover and grill the salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets. Use a fork to flake the salmon, if the fish gets easily flaked, consider it done. If the fillets are thick and they don’t flake easily when tested with a fork then grill for another 5 to 6 minutes over low heat.
- Remove the fish from the grill and place it in a serving platter. Garnish with fresh lemon thyme sprig. Cut the lemon into 4 pieces and sprinkle fresh juice all over the fish just before serving. You may choose to just place the lemon besides the fish. This recipe makes 14 servings.
- One serving of grilled salmon with lemon thyme provides about 210 calories, 11 gm total fat (3 gm saturated fats, 69 mg cholesterol), 26 gm proteins, and 171 mg sodium.
- This recipe can be considered diabetes friendly as well as heart friendly as the type of fats involved in this recipe that is omega3 fatty acids help not only to maintain a healthy blood glucose levels but also help to maintain a healthy serum cholesterol levels (helps to decrease the bad cholesterol that is LDL and triglycerides and increases good cholesterol that is HDL).
- You may choose to steam the fish instead of grilling; steaming will not require much of olive oil which is otherwise used in this recipe.