Grilled Peanut Recipe With Shrimp Skewers
Peanut Recipe Ingredients
10 medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp canned light coconut milk
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp peanut butter, unsalted
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp soy sauce
1/4 cup water
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Take a blender or food processor jar and add the coconut milk, garlic, peanut butter, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and water. Blend all ingredients till a puree is formed.
- Place shrimp into a rectangular shallow dish. Pour the above peanut mixture on the shrimp. Make sure all the shrimp are well coated. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal or gas grill.
- Once the shrimp has absorbed the flavors of the peanut marinade, thread each shrimp on the skewers. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides till the shrimp cooks and becomes opaque.
- Serve immediately with sauces and dips of your choice.
(Amounts per serving, Nutritional information is for the total recipe of marinade, and does not take into account any marinade that may have been discarded during cooking.)
ENERGY PROTEIN FAT(total) SODIUM CHOLESTEROL
94kcal 8.3g 4.7g 120mg 45.6mg
No. of Servings: 2
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- An easy recipe for a quick snack, peanut-shrimp is also low in fat, sodium and calories.
- Shrimp is low in energy, but a good source of calcium (for healthy bones), iodine (for healthy functioning of the thyroid system) and protein (for growth and maintenance of tissues in the body). Shrimp also contains cholesterol, but this helps to lower the ratio of bad to good cholesterol in the body and also helps in reducing triglyceride levels which can block arteries.
- Peanut butter may protect against cardiovascular diseases due to its high content of monounsaturated fat and resveratrol. Apart from this, it is also a good source of protein, magnesium, folate, Vitamin E and niacin.
- Peanut butter should be strictly avoided by children as well as adults allergic to peanuts, as even a small quantity can produce an anaphylactic shock and suffocation.
- Vegetables can also be added between the shrimp and roasted along with the shrimp. This will not only add color to the snack but also provide you with various additional nutrients and a variety of textures and taste.