Ginger-Pineapple Spritzer Recipe
No. of Servings: 1
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Add the pineapple juice and chopped ginger in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Strain this mixture into a tall glass over ice and garnish it with a pineapple spear, if desired.
Health Benefits of Ginger – Pineapple:
- The above recipe contains 15 milligrams of sodium per serving and 383 mili grams of potassium.
- The spritzer is a refreshing drink that is made from water or carbonated soda. This drink should be served immediately as it will go flat and thus lose its taste. You might find it interesting to know that soda pop is actually a spritzer.
- Spritzers are great alternatives to refined sugar and corn syrup sweetened sodas and can be made in a variety of flavors.
- Experiment is the key to making some good spritzers.
- You can add a scoop of sorbet to your spritzer for a novel float and for a special garnish, adding frozen berries, mint leaves or citrus zest would enhance the beauty of your spritzer.
- Health Benefits of Pineapple – Pineapple is a tropical fruit and contains a number of health benefits. It contains a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain that primarily helps in the digestion of protein and also helps in prevention of blood clot formation.
- It is also said to relieve people from sore throats and bronchitis and are a great source for providing vitamin C, manganese and vitamin B1.
- It is also said that the fruit has benefits in case of certain intestinal disorders and also serves as a pain reliever in other cases.
- It is believed that pineapples help to induce childbirth when a baby is overdue.
- Pineapples are recommended to be a part of your diet as it plays a crucial role in weight loss as well as for people suffering from hypertension as they contain a higher level of potassium and lower level of sodium which plays a significant role in managing hypertension.
- 1 cup of pineapple contains only 1 mg of sodium and 195mg of potassium.
- Health Benefits of Ginger – Ginger is also extensively used in recipes as it helps in controlling hypertension and inflammatory conditions. Hypertension can be very dangerous as it does not always show symptoms and that is why is also referred to as the silent killer.
- Raw pineapples, however, should not be consumed by people suffering from kidney or liver diseases or hemophilia as this would result in reduction of the time consumption that is taken to coagulate a person’s blood.