Lemonade With Ginger And Black Pepper
No. of Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
Lemon Ginger Ingredients:
6 cups of water
10 to 12 tablespoons of refined sugar
Quarter cup of ginger
7 to 8 large size lemons
Quarter cup of fresh lime juice
- Start by peeling and grating the ginger portion. Then combine the water ginger and sugar in a sauce pan and keep on the fire to boil. Once the mixture has boiled for at least a minute. Check and see if the sugar has dissolved. If it has not boil till it has, all the while stirring the solution.
- Once done remove the mixture from the fire and keep it aside to cool
- Next strain the ginger mixture using a sieve and then pour the strained liquid into a pitcher. Discard the solid residual. Next add 5 cups of the water and the juices, and stir well. It is now ready to serve.
- This drink can be served over crushed ice and can be garnished with slices of lemon and lime if so desired.
- You can even freeze the ginger lemonade solution into ice cubes and serve. It makes for a refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
- Garnish with fresh mint alternatively.
- The ginger lemonade drink contains 148 calories per cup size serving. It also contains calcium and when prepared without sugar, is a good drink for diabetics. Ginger is particularly beneficial in calming an upset stomach, stopping diarrhea and soothing nausea.
- It has been prescribed in alternative therapy for soothing menstrual cramps and also for treating symptoms of flu, common colds and coughs. It is also known to help ease headaches and migraines.
- Recent studies claim that consumption of ginger is beneficial in preventing cancer from spreading and growing. The health benefits of ginger are derived from gingerols and also shogaols.
- These are known as volatile oils and help in giving ginger the pungent, spicy taste that helps to make it unique. These oils help to stimulate the human body in producing more quantities of digestive juices. They also help to neutralize the stomach acids that are the cause of cramping, diarrhea and nausea.
- Pregnant women suffering from regular morning sickness are advised to chew on ginger strips to alleviate the nausea. Ginger does not harm the fetus in any way and can be consumed safely. Ginger also works as a natural decongestant and hence is good for head colds treatments.
- The planetary alignment helps you to feel very safe and secure within a relationship that you may have had a few doubts about. You find it relatively easy to share your emotions and to sense the deep bond that has already developed between you.
- If you had wondered whether the feelings between you are mutual, you will certainly find out they are – which is great news.
- The planetary alignment could provide enough rocket fuel to get you to the moon and back, as far as a certain relationship is concerned. It may have appeared to lack stimulation, which both of you need in order to feel as though you have something to work on.
- The challenge that occurs today could well improve matters significantly, and bring out the true depth of your feelings.