Garden salad with Lemon – Vinegar Recipe
No. of servings: 4
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Garden Salad Ingredients:
Shredded or torn lettuce – 2 ½ cups
Alfalfa sprouts – ½ cup
Grated carrot – ½ cup
1 small red onion thinly sliced in rings
5 cherry tomatoes cut into halves
15 thin slices of English cucumber
Garden Salad Dressings:
Olive oil – ½ cup
Cider vinegar – ¼ cup
Fresh lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
1 clove garlic minced
- Take a serving bowl and place the lettuce, sprouts, carrots, red onions, tomatoes and cucumber in it.
- On the other hand, take a jar and add all the above ingredients into it that is olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic and shake well.
- Now pour this dressing over the salad greens and toss.
- You can season this salad the way you like it and can also use any other flavorful oil or vinegar of your choice.
- The garden salad can also include a number of toppings depending on your taste. You could try adding olives, mushrooms, broccoli, croutons, and so on.
Health Benefits of Garden Salad:
- This is a great diet recipe as it contains low fat and therefore, is ideal for those who want to shed some weight.
- The best part about making any salad is that it gives you the liberty to experiment with a variety of options thus enabling you to settle down with the one that suits you best.
- This salad consists of tons of veggies thus making it a healthy and nutritious meal that tastes yummy.
- The green vegetables are said to be the powerhouse for nutrition so you should try and use as much raw vegetables as possible in your salad as they have added health benefits.
- Lemon has many health benefits and is a great source of vitamin C.
- Lemon juice helps in protecting your body against germs and bacteria and help in treating stress disorders and also contains high levels of citric acid which helps the body in fighting off colds.
- Lemons and lemon juice also act as antioxidants and is known to control conditions such as diarrhea and constipation.
- Cider vinegar is used for home remedies by many when it comes to treating a number of common ailments along with aches and pains.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in weight loss and is a versatile cooking ingredient.