Strawberry Smoothie Recipes With Cream And Lemon Dip
The lemon sour cream dip along with juicy sweet berries is a combination that is difficult to resist. Moreover the deep red color of strawberries brightens up both the aesthetics and taste of this recipe.
Lime Strawberry Recipe Ingredients:
3 cups strawberries, fresh
1 eight ounce carton sour cream, light dairy or fat free
1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly extracted
2 teaspoons lime peel, finely shredded
2 tablespoons sugar, powdered
- For lime sour cream sauce: In a small bowl mix in powdered sugar, lime juice and lime peel in sour cream. Cover the bowl lightly with the help of a plastic wrap.
- Wash whole strawberries, with its caps and stems intact. Drain and pat them dry with several paper towels. Take an insulated cooler that has ice packs. Tote the strawberries and lime dipping sauce in it.
- In eight different serving bowls serve the berries with tangy lime dipping sauce. This recipe makes 8 servings, each consisting of 2 tablespoon sauce and 1/3 cup strawberries.
- To make this recipe diabetes friendly, use a natural sweetener or an artificial sweetener in place of white table sugar. This substitution will also help to decrease the total calories and simple carbohydrates of this recipe.
- Avoid using full fat sour cream; to keep the total calories and total fats of this recipe low, stick to fat free or light dairy only.
- Hold-that-lime-strawberries can be an ideal choice for dessert for weight watchers or people on low calorie diet as 1 serving of this recipe provides just 44 calories and negligible amounts of fat.
- If fresh strawberries are not available, you may substitute fresh berries with frozen or canned strawberries. But for the crunchy sweet taste of strawberries it is recommended to use only fresh berries when they are in season.
- You may also use mixed berries in this recipe like mulberry, blueberry or blackberries according to your choice along with strawberries.
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C along with lemon juice and lemon peels. The phytonutrients and phenols from strawberries offer antioxidant protection and promote optimum health. Strawberries besides being an excellent source of vitamin C, is also a good source of manganese, vitamin B6, omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, folate, potassium, magnesium, vitamin K, riboflavin, vitamin B5 and copper. So add some fresh berries in your lemon sour cream sauce to get maximum health benefit from this heart shape, red berries.