Stuffed Feta Cheese Recipes For Salad
Italian Feta Dip Ingredients:
14 mini green bell peppers
4 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
2 ounce spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and chop off its lower stems. With a sharp knife, cut the leaves of spinach into thin strips.
- Cut a thin slice from the sides or the top of each 14 mini green bell peppers. Scrap out the seeds from the cut side with the help of a narrow knife or handle of the spoon.
- Combine chopped spinach leaves along with crumbled feta cheese in a large bowl. Stuff the deseeded green peppers with the spinach and cheese mixture equally among all the 14 peppers. Place the peppers in a rectangular ungreased baking dish, stuffed side facing upwards.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 19 to 20 minutes or until the sweet peppers are slight tender, yet firm and the spinach and cheese are heated through. Serve hot. This recipe makes 7 servings.
- Feta stuffed mini peppers along with spinach is a low calorie easy recipe that can be prepared in less than 40 to 45 minutes.
- This recipe provides about 48 calories, 3 gm total fat, 3 gm proteins and 2 gm carbohydrates per serving.
- To make this recipe further low in calories, total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol use low sodium, low fat cheese instead of whole fat regular feta cheese. This change will also help to reduce the sodium content of the recipe which is currently about 186 mg per serving.
- This recipe can be considered heart friendly as well as it provides only 14 mg cholesterol and 2 gm saturated fats per serving. These values can be further lowered if you use low fat cheese. As the main source of fat and cholesterol in this recipe is feta cheese you will have to use its fat free or low fat version to reduce the total fat and calories.
- Spinach used in this recipe is a dark green leafy vegetable which is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin K, manganese, magnesium, iron and folate. Spinach is also considered a rich source of calcium, potassium, vitamin C and B vitamins (mainly thiamin, riboflavin, niacin and pyridoxine).
- This jaded leafy vegetable also provides trace vitamins and minerals like copper, selenium and zinc. There are almost 13 different phytonutrient flavonoids identified in spinach which act as anti-cancer agents and antioxidants in the body.
Stuffed peppers recipe
Stuffed peppers are known all over the world by different names and in different forms. They are found in cuisines worldwide including places like America, Mexico, India, Middle Eastern countries and European countries. Peppers come in four different colors like green, red, orange and yellow. Red peppers are said to have a higher content of vitamin C as compared to the others. Peppers help fight various diseases, stimulate digestion and improve respiratory health. The chemicals contained in these peppers help prevent against ailments like asthma, bronchitis, heart attacks, blood clots and cataracts.
They are also fat free and can be used in different variations as a part of a healthy diet. Including peppers in your daily diet is also recommended to ensure that your lungs are working efficiently. This is particularly helpful to those who have a smoking habit. If you enjoy eating vegetables or are health conscious, you would definitely enjoy a good stuffed peppers recipe which can easily be made at home. Feta stuffed peppers are a salty treat and are often served on the side of a main dish. One good example of a cheese stuffed peppers recipe is the Saffron rice and feta stuffed peppers recipe. The ingredients for this recipe are as under;
- Sweet red mini peppers- 4
- Cooked rice- 2 ½ cups
- Crumbled feta cheese-4 ounces
- Chopped green onions-1/2 cup
- Pimento stuffed olives-1/4 cup
- Low sodium, low fat chicken broth-1/4 cup
- Almonds-3 tablespoons (slivered)
- Ground saffron-1/8 teaspoon
- Cumin-1/2 teaspoon
To prepare these stuffed mini peppers you first need to get rid of the seeds and membranes in the peppers and cut off their stems. Place these peppers in a large saucepan of boiling water and boil them for at least 2 minutes. They then need to be removed from the hot water and rinsed in very cold water.
Drain the peppers and transfer them to a baking dish. In a separate bowl, prepare the stuffing by mixing the cheese, rice, onions, almonds, olives, chicken broth, saffron and cumin. Spoon this stuffing into the peppers and broil them for 10-12 minutes at 3-4 inches from the heat. These delicious cheese stuffed mini peppers can be easily prepared in a matter of half an hour and can be eaten as a whole meal. You can also enjoy these mini peppers with a spinach dip as a nutritious snack.