Pizza Recipes With Healthy Chicken
- Salsa – 1 cup
- Italian bread shell or Boboli or pizza crust mix – 1 of 12 inch length or 6 ounces
- Manchego cheese or partly skimmed mozzarella cheese – 1 cup shredded
- Fresh cilantro leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder – i/4 teaspoon
- Dried raisins or cranberries – 1/2 cup
- Almonds (sliced) – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green olives, pitted – 1/2 cup (chopped in a coarse manner)
- Cooked turkey or chicken – 2 cups
- Green onion or scallion – 1/4 cup (chopped fine)
Method of Preparation:
- Heat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Mix cumin and cinnamon powder with the salsa, in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture, over the bread shell and keep it on a baking tray or sheet.
- Place the turkey or chicken, red onion, almonds, raisins and cranberries and olives over the topped bread.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Grate the cheese over the bread and bake in the oven, till the cheese melts and the crust becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
Picadillo Chicken Health Tips
- Picadillo chicken pizza provides 76 calories and 5 grams of protein per serving.
- The fat contribution is 3 grams, with 1 gram of saturated fat and 11 mg of cholesterol.
- The above mentioned recipe makes 24 servings and is a diabetes friendly diet.
- Picadillo chicken pizza comprises of dairy products, nuts and gluten.
- The preparation time is around 25 minutes. This diet provides 160 mg of sodium.
- It also provides a high supply of calcium, iron, sodium, vitamins C and A.