Easy To Make Fresh Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
½ can pumpkin
1/8 cup maple syrup
¾ cup all purpose flour, divided into ½ tablespoon and the remaining flour
¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup evaporated milk, fat free
1/8 cup milk, fat free
2/3 cup frozen or refrigerated egg product, thawed
1 packet sugar substitute, heat-stable
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon cooking oil
Frozen whipped dessert topping, light, thawed
- For low fat oil pastry: Stir together the all purpose flour (reserve ½ tablespoon flour aside in a separate bowl) and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium size bowl.
- Add 1/8 cup fat free milk and 1 ½ tablespoons cooking oil to the flour mixture all at once. Stir with the help of a fork until it forms the shape and consistency of dough.
- If required, 1 or 2 more teaspoons of milk can be added Shape the dough into a ball.
For Pumpkin Maple Filling:
- Flatten the above prepared low fat oil pastry on a lightly floured flat surface.
- Roll the flattened pastry into a 12 inch circle. Carefully wrap the circle around a rolling pin and unroll it in a 9 inch large pie plate. Lightly ease the pastry into the pan, but do not stretch it.
- Trim ½ inch beyond the edge of the pie plate and fold any extra pastry under the plate. Crimp the edges according to your preference but make sure not to prick the pastry in the process.
- Combine pumpkin, reserved ½ tablespoon all purpose flour, maple flavored syrup, pumpkin pie spice, thawed egg product and sugar substitute in a small bowl for the filling.
- With the help of a rotary beater beat the mixture lightly until it is just combined. Add the vanilla essence and low fat evaporated milk gradually to the mixture and mix well.
- Place the prepared pie plate lined with pastry on an oven rack. Pour the filling carefully in the pastry shell. Cover the edges of the pie with a foil to prevent over browning of the pie.
- Bake pie in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 20 minute more or until done. Cool pie on a wire rack. Transfer the cooled pie in a plate or a shallow bowl.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Garnish with dessert topping and serve. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Pumpkin-maple pie recipe provides 216 calories, 6 gm total fat, 32 gm carbohydrates, 2 gm dietary fiber and 8 gm proteins per serving.
- This recipe provides low sodium – 153 mg sodium per serving.