Crispy French Fries Cooking Recipe
No.Of Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 1 ½ hour
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
French Fries Cooking Ingredients:
- 4 large potatoes
- 8 cups of ice water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Firstly, wash the potatoes and peel off the skin. Then cut them into long strips of approximately ½ inch.
- After slicing them, place them in ice cold water covering it for at least an hour long.
- On the other hand, add garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, salt, allspice and hot pepper flakes in a plastic bag or a bowl.
- Remove the potato strips from the ice water bowl and dry them well.
- Then add them to the spice mixture and toss well.
- Once that is done, brush the potatoes well with oil.
- Use a non stick and shallow baking pan and place the potato strips inside.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place it in the oven at a temperature of 475 F for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and further continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes and keep turning the fries occasionally in order to brown all the sides.
- Serve hot.
- French fries serve as a great snack and are an all time favorite with all the age groups. However, along with the mouth watering and irresistible delicacy come tones of calories and fat.
- It is, therefore, not a health food.
- In order to avoid them fried in oil which eventually goes down your stomach, making this lip smacking dish in an oven is another option.
- You do have the option of not peeling off the potato skin. This decision varies from person to person. Leaving the skin on gives the fries a more rustic appearance and also more nutrients as the skin contains extra vitamins.
- Peeling off the skin does not take away the crispiness nor does it make it less flavorful. For this reason, the potato strips are immersed in ice cold water to make them as crispy as possible.
- It is important to know that French fries contain a hefty dose of both sodium and saturated fats because of which too much consumption of the same is strictly prohibited.
- Whether a potato is baked or fried, it is said to be equally harmful and therefore should be eaten sparingly.