Strawberry Soup With Mint And Cream
Strawberry Soup Ingredients
1 cup strawberries, fresh
½ cup milk, low fat or fat free
4 ounce plain yogurt, low fat or fat free
1 teaspoon sugar
Fresh fruit, strawberries, halved
- Place low fat milk, low fat plain yogurt, fresh strawberries and sugar in a food processor or blender container. Cover and process or blend to get a smooth mixture.
- Remove the mixture in a medium size bowl and place it in the refrigerator to chill for about 3 to 4 hours or until it is ready to serve.
- Garnish with additional fresh strawberries and fresh mint if desired. Serve. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Creamy strawberry soup is a quick diabetes friendly, low calorie recipe which can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. This recipe provides about 100 calories, 1 gm total fat, 5 gm proteins and 18 gm carbohydrates per serving.
- You may use a sugar substitute equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar in this recipe to decrease the total calories and total carbohydrates (especially simple sugars) of this recipe.
- You may use any other seasonal fruits like mangoes or peaches in place of the strawberries to prepare creamy mango soup or creamy peach soup respectively for variation.