Easy Cooking With Chili Mixed Nuts
- Garlic salt or garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Butter, olive oil or clarified butter – 2 tablespoons
- Chili powder – two teaspoon
- Peanuts (unsalted) or a mixture of nuts of your choice, such as whole almonds, pecan halves and pistachio- three cups
- Juice of a squeezed lemon – one tablespoon
- Celery salt and cayenne pepper – quarter teaspoon each
- Cinnamon powder – quarter teaspoon
- Fresh and peeled ginger (optional) – a few pieces
- Cumin powder – half teaspoon
Method of Preparation:
- Take a shallow pan and pour in the oil.
- Drop the nuts and shake the pan well so that the nuts are uniformly coated with oil.
- The nuts can be roasted, a day prior to the preparation of chili mixed nuts.
- Now, add rest of the ingredients, namely, the cumin powder, ground cinnamon, celery salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Add ginger pieces, in case you like the flavor.
- Keep the oven ready, by pre-heating it at 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a flat baking tray and allow the mixture to bake for around fifteen minutes.
- The final product is fragrant and golden in color. You can now remove your dish from the oven and allow it to cool on a parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- You can either eat it while its still hot or allow it tocool down to room temperature.
- Store your Chili Mixed Nuts vacuum packed container. Make sure that it is kept in a dry area.
- Make sure that you use Fresh nuts when making your dish to prevent rancid odors and flavors.
- Follow the same recipe, with individual nuts, in case of specific preferences of nuts.
- In case of variations of the same recipe, add hazel nuts, instead of the other nuts. Garlic (chopped finely), a tablespoon of fresh rosemary and a teaspoon of grated lemon zest are good substitutes for the cumin and other spices.
- Make sure that you do not increase the temperature in an attempt to reduce cooking time as this will cause the nuts to burn.
- This recipe of chili mixed nuts serves three and is a complete vegetarian snack.
Nutrition Nuts And Health Benefits
- Chili mixed nuts recipe is a high calorie snack, which proves beneficial for underweight individuals.
- This dish is not recommended for people suffering from with obesity or heart problems, as it is loaded with fat. Each serving provides about 21 grams of fat (three grams of saturated fats) and about 269 milligrams of sodium.
- Chili mixed nuts is safe for diabetics. In fact, many studies show that nuts are actually beneficial to those suffering from diabetes.
- If you have a peanut allergy, you can still make this dish by substituting the peanuts for almonds or Cashew nuts.