Recipe For Chicken With Pear and Cheese
Pear Chicken Recipe Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 small pear, cored and chopped into thin slices
2 slices Gruyere or Emmentaler cheese
1 tablespoon fresh saga, finely snipped or 1 teaspoon dried saga, crushed
¼ cup apple juice or apple cider
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place one chicken breast over a plastic wrap. Top it with another plastic wrap and lightly pound it with the help of a meat mallet to get about ¼ inch flat chicken slab. Remove the plastic and repeat the same procedure with other chicken breast.
- Season flattened chicken breast with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with a nonstick cooking spray and preheat it over medium heat. Add seasoned chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and turns tender. Turn once halfway through the cooking to ensure even tenderness from all the sides. Transfer the chicken breasts into 2 separate serving plates and top it with cheese. Cover the plates to keep the chicken warm.
- Cook the pear slices in the same skillet until they turn tender or for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add apple cider or apple juice and fresh or dried saga. Bring the mixture to a boil. Scrap the crust brown bits from the bottom of the skillet and sides constantly. Just before serving spoon this pear mixture over the chicken and cheese. Serve immediately. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Chicken with pear, saga and cheese is a diabetes friendly recipe which provides about 261 calories and 8 gm total fat (4 gm saturated fat and 85 mg cholesterol) per serving.
- This recipe can be considered a low carbohydrate, high protein recipe as it provides about 14 gm carbohydrates and 33 gm proteins per serving.
- Chicken with pear, sage and cheese provides about 409 mg sodium per serving. You can enjoy this recipe even if you are on a low sodium diet by balancing your consumption of other sodium rich foods appropriately. To decrease the sodium content of this recipe, use fresh lemon juice instead of salt for seasoning along with black pepper in step 2.
- Preferably choose the poultry without the skin as the major portion of fat and cholesterol is located under the skin. This healthy choice will also in turn help to decrease the total calories of this recipe.
- Learn to make a healthy chicken recipe diabetes friendly with cholesterol free cheese, healthy chicken and pear. This high protein recipe is good for anytime meals