Benefits Of Carrots With Carrot Hummus Recipe
Carrot Hummus Recipe Ingredients
Tahini – one fourth of a cup (sesame seed paste)
Carrot – one cup (peel and slice the carrots into small pieces)
Salt – one fourth of a teaspoon
Garbanzo beans – one can, about 16 ounces (rinse and drain the beans)
Cumin powder – half teaspoon
Parsley – two tablespoon (snip them into small pieces) Use fresh parsley leaves, to enhance the flavor.
Lemon juice – two tablespoons
Vegetable dippers – as required (use yellow summer squash, peeled baby carrots, red sweet peppers, pea pods and zucchini slices)
Garlic – two cloves (mince them into small pieces)
Kosher salt – one fourth of a teaspoon
Paprika – one fourth of a teaspoon
Cayenne – one pinch
Ginger paste – half teaspoon (alternate with one fourth of a teaspoon freshly grated ginger)
Coriander – one fourth of a teaspoon (grind them fresh)
Method Of Preparation
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Drop in the sliced carrot and cook uncovered on low heat, till they start to get tender.
- Keep them on for a minute more and then drain them and keep aside.
- You can rinse them once in cold water to prevent them from cooking further.
- Put the garlic cloves and water, into a food processor.
- Add the sesame seed paste, lemon juice, kosher salt, fresh ginger, salt and chick peas into the food processor.
- Blend the ingredients, once again.
- Remove the smooth mixture, into a serving bowl. Pour in little water, to thin the consistency of the hummus.
- It should be of a dipping consistency.
- Add the herbs and spices, such as parsley, paprika, cumin powder, coriander and cayenne.
- Refrigerate the hummus for one hour to three days.
- Serve cold with assorted dippers, such as zucchini slices, pea pods, summer squash or sweet pepper.
- Carrot hummus is also used as a filling for sandwiches or dressing for salads.
- Carrot hummus is a vegetarian recipe.
- It is a recipe which is highly beneficial for individuals on a weight loss diet, as It provides only 60 calories per serving.
- The preparation time is only fifteen minutes.
- The total fat contribution is about two grams.
- This preparation provides eight grams of carbohydrates.
- Carrot hummus provides 124 mg of sodium.
- The hummus also contributes two gram each of dietary fiber and protein.