Skimmed Latte Recipe
No. of Servings: makes 2 to 3 servings
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
3 cups of skimmed milk
3 Tbsp Gingerbread syrup
Two shots of Espresso Pods
Dash of Ground Nutmeg
Pinch of cinnamon
Method for preparing the latte with skimmed milk:
- Steam the skimmed milk between 120 degrees F and 140 degrees F.
- Prepare a single espresso or double espresso. Pour this espresso into a cup and then proceed to tilt the cup to one side and pour the skimmed milk slowly down, the side of the cup. This helps to lift some of the espresso on to the top of the cup and thus helps to give it a swirled or marbleized look.
- Pour the gingerbread syrup into the cup to give it a twist. Sprinkle with ground nutmeg or cinnamon.
Latte Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits:
- Calories Skim Latte – There are 122 calories in a single tall serving of Latte made from semi skimmed milk. Whereas a tall serving of latte made from whole milk has 180 calories. This is high in calcium but is also high in saturated fats and in sugar. A latte made from non fat milk contains 126 calories. It contains no saturated fats, is very high in calcium and low in cholesterol. It is however high in sugar. An iced cafe latte made from non fat milk has about 87 calories in it.
- There are a whole host of benefits that have been linked to drinking coffee by various studies that have been conducted. It is known to help in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. It also helps to reduce the risk of gallstone disease and Parkinson’s disease. It has been studied that 80 percent or more people are less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease due to their consumption of coffee.
- Drinking coffee enhances an individual’s cognitive performance and helps them to stay alert. It also works as an analgesic enhancement thereby helping to increase the effectiveness of various different types of pain killers. It is said to reduce the risk of getting type two diabetes. The antioxidants present in coffee are beneficial to the human body. For a lot of people coffee is the sole source of antioxidants.
- Researchers in their studies have found coffee to be cardio protective and have also been advised in the reduction of cancer risk. This is especially so in the case of oral, pharyngeal, and esophageal cancer. Coffee helps asthmatic patients as it reduces the frequency of the asthma attacks.