Recipe For Bruschetta Salad With Tomato Toppers
Bruschetta Salad Recipe Ingredients:
1 loaves (8 ounce each) French bread, baguette style
1 recipe Fennel and Tomato Topper, recipe follows below
1 recipe Artichoke and Arugula Topper, recipe follows below
Butter flavor or olive oil flavor non-stick cooking spray
3 ounces Brie cheeses, sliced thinly, remove the rind if desired
3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cut both the baguette bread loafs diagonally to get 20 slices from each loaf. Coat both sides of the sliced baguette bread with non-stick cooking spray of your choice that is either butter flavor or olive oil flavor. Place 20 slices in one large baking dish and the other 20 in other large baking dish. Place one baking dish in the preheated oven at a time and bake the bread slices in two batches for 6 to 7 minutes or until they turn lightly brown and crisp. Turn once halfway to ensure even golden brown color and crispiness from all the sides of the bread.
- On 20 baked slices apply Artichoke and Arugula Topper and arrange them again on the baking sheet. Sprinkle small amounts of brie cheese over all the 20 slices and bake again for 2 to 3 minutes or until the slices are heated through and the cheese begins to melt.
- On the remaining 20 baked slices apply Fennel and Tomato Topper and arrange them again on the baking sheet. Sprinkle small amounts of brie cheese over all the 20 slices and bake again for 2 to 3 minutes or until the slices are heated through and the cheese begins to melt. Serve hot immediately. This recipe makes 40 bruschetta pieces.
- For Artichoke and Arugula Topper: Combine 6 ounce artichokes (jar marinated that are drained and chopped) along with ½ cup arugula and ¼ cup green onion (finely chopped) in a small bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and toss well.
- For Fennel and Tomato Topper: Cook 1 medium fennel bulb (coarsely chopped) along with a teaspoon of hot olive oil in a skillet until it turns tender. Remove the skillet from heat when fennel turns tender. Stir in finely chopped 2 plum tomatoes, ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper and 1 tablespoon drained capers. Mix well.
- Bruschetta with two toppers is a unique recipe with two toppings that provides about 55 calories and 3 gm fat per serving.
- This recipe can be considered diabetes friendly as well as heart friendly as it provides minimum amounts of carbohydrates (7 gm) cholesterol (4 mg), saturated fat (1 gm) and sodium (121 mg) per serving.