Recipe For Chops With Blue Cheese
Cheese Chop Ingredients
Brown rice – two and a half cups (cook the rice and keep aside)
Apple juice – one third of a cup
Blue cheese – one fourth of a cup (crumble the cheese)
Salt – half teaspoon
Green onion – four (cut the onions into thin slices)
Black pepper – one eighth of a teaspoon
Pork, boneless loin chops – four (Cut them into pieces of thickness between half to three fourths of an inch)
Walnuts – one fourth of a cup (chop and roast them, without oil) Use other nuts, if available.
Dried thyme – one teaspoon (use one tablespoon of fresh thyme, if available)
Red pear – one (remove the core and deseed them) Chop them into small pieces.
Method Of Preparation
- Take a large bowl and prepare the rice mixture. This comprises of green onions, salt, and two tablespoons of apple juice, one eighth teaspoon of pepper powder, cooked brown rice and walnuts.
- Prepare the baking tray and a skillet. Grease them with the cooking spray.
- Scoop out the rice mixture on to the baking dish.
- Marinate the chops with pepper powder and salt. Rub them well, over the chops, so as to enable, uniform distribution.
- Sprinkle some thyme over the chops.
- Take a skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Place the loin chops on the skillet and turn, in between to ensure even cooking.
- Keep the chops over the rice mixture.
- Pour in the apple juice, on the chops, which is placed over the rice.
- Bake the rice and chop for about half an hour, at a temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Cook till the chops are tender, or till the pink color vanishes.
- Add in the crumbled blue cheese and red pear pieces.
- Serve the mixture, with hot rice.
- The above mentioned recipe caters to four people.
- Blue cheese ‘n’ chops contain red meat, dairy products and nuts. This recipe is not recommended to individuals with allergy or intolerance to nuts or dairy products.
- It is not preferred by weight watchers, as it is high in its calorie content: 305 calories, per serving.
- The recipe provides nine grams and five grams of total fat and saturated fat, respectively. It also provides 45 mg of cholesterol.
- It is a high protein (17 grams per serving) recipe, owing to the presence of red meat.
- Blue cheese and chops is high in its sodium content, about 416 mg per serving.
- The recipe contributes to 38 grams of carbohydrates and three grams of dietary fiber.