Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
Berry Cheesecake Ingredients
Ricotta cheese – one fourth of a cup (low fat variety)
Cream Cheese – two ounces (use fat free variety)
Orange peel – one fourth of a teaspoon (shred them to a fine grain)
Raspberries – one and a half cup (strawberries or blueberries are good options)
Sugar – one tablespoon
Gingersnap cookies – two (Broken chocolate cookies are good options)
Orange juice – one teaspoon
Fresh mint leaves or sprigs – optional
Method Of Preparation 1
- Take a large bowl. Add in the sugar, cream cheese, orange juice, ricotta cheese and orange peels.
- Beat the ingredients to form a smooth paste of a fine texture. Use a mechanical blender, on medium speed for these results.
- Cover the bowl. Refrigerate the cream cheese mixture for as long as twenty four hours, or for a minimum of four hours.
- Scoop a spoon of fruits, such as raspberries, strawberries and blueberries into a serving cup.
- Top with the cream cheese mixture and toss well. This helps in the uniform distribution of the cream cheese.
- Garnish with broken chocolate cookies and fresh mint sprigs.
Preparation Technique 2
- The other technique of preparation involves the use of strawberry gelatin and eggs.
- Beat the cream cheese with the eggs and sugar. Pour in a baking dish and bake for half an hour at a temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spread the sour cream and bake for ten minutes. Allow to cool.
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in boiling water. Refrigerate till the gelatin begins to thicken. Do not allow it to set.
- Pour most of the gelatin into the baking dish, just above the sour cream layer.
- Place the strawberries, raspberries and blue berries and refrigerate for about four hours. Top it with the remaining gelatin.
- Health Tips
- The above mentioned ingredients provide two servings.
- The preparation time is fifteen minutes. The cooling time is four to twenty four hours.
- It is a vegetarian preparation, which contains dairy products and gluten. This dessert is not recommended for individuals with lactose intolerance or gluten allergies as there are no substitutes for the ingredients.
- Each serving of the dessert provides 138 calories.
- Blueberry cheesecake provides two grams of total fat and one gram of saturated fat. It also contributes to 12 mg of cholesterol.
- The dessert provides eight grams of protein and seven grams of dietary fiber.
- The sodium contribution is about 74 mg, whereas carbohydrate is 21 grams per serving.