Beet Salad With Goat Cheese And Walnuts
Beet Salad Ingredients
Vinaigrette – four tablespoon (fat free and balsamic)
Mixed greens and lettuce – four cups
Olive oil – half cup
Maple syrup – three tablespoons
Beets – one can (chilled) (About eight ounces are used)
Goat cheese – one ounce (crumble the cheese and use)
Frozen orange juice concentrate – half cup
Walnuts – two tablespoons (toast them and chop in a rough manner)
Black pepper powder – one-eighth of a teaspoon
Basil leaves (fresh) – one tablespoon
Method of Preparation
- Take a bowl and add the parsley, pepper, basil leaves, vinaigrette, olive oil and frozen orange juice concentrate. Whisk them together. The salad dressing is ready!
- Slice the beets into semi circular pieces. Take a pan of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the beets to the pan and allow cooking for about twenty to thirty minutes. The beets are tender, when done.
- Take a skillet and dry roast the walnuts. Pour in the maple syrup and stir well.
- This helps to coat the nuts well. A good alternative is to use sugar and kosher salt. The sugar caramels and coats the nuts and result in fragrant and golden walnuts. Spread the nuts on a separate pan, so as to cool down. Your candied walnuts are ready!
- Take a salad bowl and place the baby greens and lettuce on them.
- Sprinkle the candied walnuts on the lettuce.
- Place the cooked beets over the nuts and add the goat cheese.
- Add a dash of the dressing over the ingredients on the plate.
- It is a vegetarian salad, which is easy to prepare.
- The salad is devoid of meat and can be taken as the main course, along with chicken.
- The above mentioned ingredients provide two servings.
- Beet salad with goat cheese is a vegetarian recipe, which contains dairy products and nuts. Individuals with sensitivity to the above should avoid the beet salad with goat cheese.
- Each serving of the salad provides 160 calories per serving.
- It is a high sodium content salad, about 700 mg per serving.
- The dietary fiber and protein contribution are 3 grams and 6 grams respectively.
- The salad can be included in the diet of diabetics.
- The total fat contribution is 10 grams, whereas the saturated fat is 3 grams. The salad provides 7 mg of cholesterol.
- The salad also provides14 grams of carbohydrates.