Beef With Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
Mushroom Beef Ingredients
Bouillon beef – half teaspoon
Black pepper – one-eighth of a teaspoon
Fresh mushroom – one cup (slice them into thin strips)
Vegetable juice – two thirds of a cup (use the low sodium variety)
Garlic – two cloves (mince them into small pieces)
Cornstarch – two teaspoons
Beef – four ounces (use eye round steaks, which are trimmed of the fat)
Green onion – half cup (use thin slices)
Butter – two teaspoons (use margarine, if butter is not available)
Bay leaves – for seasoning
Red wine – one fourth of a cup (it is optional)
Thyme – half teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation
- Keep the meat on a rack, over the broiler pan.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder, over the meat and rub the same, so as to enable, uniform distribution.
- Allow to broil for about five minutes or cook at a temperature of 145 degree Fahrenheit.
- You can prepare the sauce and meat, simultaneously.
- Take a medium saucepan. Sauté the onions, garlic and mushrooms in butter. Cook till the veggies are tender and soft.
- Add in the red wine and beef bouillon granules. Cook for three minutes.
- Stir in the low sodium vegetable juice, along with the thyme, bay leaves and salt.
- Mix the corn flour with two teaspoons of cold water. Pour into the vegetable mixture.
- Keep stirring, as the sauce begins to thicken. Keep the mixture warm, till the beef is ready.
- Serve the meat with warm sauce.
- The above mentioned ingredients provide four servings of the sauce.
- It is a non vegetarian recipe, which comprises of red meat. The taste enhancers in this recipe are the herbs, garlic, mushroom and wine, in conjunction with beef. It is one of the best ways to utilize beef.
- It is a diabetes friendly recipe, which makes use of previous day leftovers, for its preparation.
- Each serving of beef with mushroom sauce provides 170 calories.
- It also contributes to a gram of dietary fiber and 181 mg of sodium.
- The red meat increases the protein content of the recipe, thereby contributing to 20 grams per serving.
- Trimming of the fat from the beef, decreases the fat and cholesterol contribution. The total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol content, per serving are 7 grams, 3 grams and 51 mg respectively.
- Beef with mushroom sauce provides 5 grams of carbohydrates.