Recipe For Pumpkin With Baked Cinnamon
Cinnamon Recipe Ingredients:
3 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped into 2 ½ to 3 inches pieces (approximately ¼ inch thick)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoon peanut oil, roasted
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Stir the brown sugar, salt and ground cinnamon together in a small bowl and leave aside.
- Toss the chopped pumpkin pieces in peanut oil in a medium size rectangular baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly all over the tossed pumpkin and place the baking pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, covered. Uncover the pan and further bake for more 15 minutes or till pumpkin turns tender. Serve hot.
- Cinnamon baked pumpkin is a low calorie healthy recipe which provides only 105 calories and 3 gm total fat per serving. This recipe provides 20 gm carbohydrates and only 1 gm protein per serving.
- This recipe provides negligible amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol and is also low in total fat, thus can be considered heart friendly and be enjoyed by individuals on low cholesterol or low fat diet.
- Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C which are potent antioxidants and help to scavenge the free radicals from the body.