Tea Tree Oil Benefits For Vaginosis Treatment
Bacterial vaginosis is a vaginal infection that affects millions of women around the world. Eat a few cups of yoghurt every day. Alternatively, you can insert yoghurt (plain/unsweetened) inside your vagina using a tampon
Bacterial vaginosis is a vaginal infection that affects millions of women around the world. It is commonly referred to as BV. Bacterial vaginosis is primarily caused by an imbalance of the bacteria that is naturally present in the vagina. Under normal circumstances, the lactobacillus bacteria in the vagina (which keeps it healthy) is more in number than the harmful bacteria like mobiluncus and gardnerella vaginalis. When the bad bacteria outnumber the good bacteria, it raises the levels of vaginal pH.
This results in the formation of harmful bacteria. The other causes of BV include the chemicals usage and the intake of antibiotics as they upset the balance of the vaginal bacterial environment. The common symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are:
- Watery gray or white discharge
- Irritation in and around the vagina
- Fishy odor
You must treat BV as soon as you notice these symptoms. Bacterial vaginosis can cause infertility and pelvic inflammatory disease if it is not treated. Using tea tree oil is an effective remedy as it is a powerful natural antibacterial substance, the most powerful one known till date. Tea tree oil has also been called the “miracle oil” and “wonder substance”. This “wonder” oil helps kill the harmful bacteria in the vagina. It is safe and has no adverse effects.
Ways of using Tea tree oil:
The vagina and the vaginal lining areas are very sensitive, so you must not apply tea tree oil directly as it can cause an allergic reaction. Some ways to use tea tree oil to curing BV are listed below:
- Add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil to a warm bath and sit in it for about half an hour. It is an effective way to relieve BV-related vaginal symptoms.
- You can use tea tree oil on a tampon. Use it as a lubricant on the top half of the tampon to prevent the tea tree oil from infusing the tampon. Just add a few drops of tea tree oil on it and insert the tampon into your vagina.
- Alternatively, you can buy ready-to-use tea tree oil pessaries that have the correct dilution and can be used directly inside your vagina for up to 6 weeks.
- You must use tea tree oil as a part of the overall treatment that uses other remedies in conjunction with tea tree oil. This will help curing bacterial vaginosis completely and will also prevent it from recurring.
Here are other home remedies to treat bacterial vaginosis
Yogurt: Eat a few cups of yoghurt every day. Alternatively, you can insert yoghurt (plain/unsweetened) inside your vagina using a tampon. Yogurt contains the lactobacilli bacteria. This way the missing lactobacilli in the vagina can be replenished.
Apple cider vinegar: Put 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar in your bath water and soak in it for twenty minutes. This helps fight off the toxins that cause BV.