Thyroid Problems Home Remedies And Effective Cures
The thyroid gland is located below the larynx in the neck and facilitates a number of physical and chemical processes in the body. The thyroid gland secretes two different hormones, namely thyroxine and triiodothyroxine. The various functions of the thyroid gland are:
- It regulates the rate of assimilation of nutrients in the body.
- It also regulates the activity of calcitonin, thereby regulating the calcium level of bones.
- Thyroid gland also stimulates the sex glands in human beings.
- As such, the thyroid gland plays a significant role in the normal development and growth of human beings.
- Thyroid problems. A problem with the thyroid hormone may be caused either by excessive secretion of the thyroid hormones or lack of activity of the thyroid gland, causing hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, respectively.
Some of the symptoms of a problem with the thyroid gland are as follows:
- Patients of thyroid disease generally show decreased rate of physical activity.
- Weight gain and constipation are other major symptoms of thyroid disease.
- Thyroid disease also causes stiffness in the joints and backache.
Tips For Treating Thyroid With Home Remedies
There are a number of home remedies that can help you to control problems with the thyroid gland. Let us take a look at some of them:
- First and foremost, you must attempt to cleanse your digestive machinery, including your bowels. Start by fasting on fruit juices for a span of three days. After that, you may eat only juicy fruits like apple, grapes, orange and pineapple, along with milk, for a span of three days.
- This will help cleanse the bowels and restore the normal physiological processes in the body.
- You must consume protein rich foods like whole wheat grain, lentils, peas, nuts, beans, and cheese.
- You are also recommended to consume starchy foods like rice and potatoes.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee, carbonated drinks, condiments, alcohol, sugar, and white flour.
- You must include a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet to facilitate quick healing of the thyroid gland.
- Once your health starts to recover, you must start exercising under the guidance of a physical trainer. This will help detoxify your body, thereby relieving you of the symptoms of thyroid disease.
- Try to avoid excessive physical and mental strain as this can aggravate the condition.
- You must eat foods rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin B complex for effective cure of the ailment.
- Most importantly, consult a doctor and follow the prescribed course of treatment.