Home Remedies For Stomach Infection And Ulcer Treatment
Also called peptic ulcers, stomach ulcers are caused by the destruction of the mucosal lining of stomach, thereby exposing the inner layer of stomach cells to concentrated hydrochloric acid (one of the components of digestive juices). The affliction is caused by a strain of bacteria namely Helicobacter pylori.
Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcers And Effective Home Remedies
Some of the symptoms of stomach ulcers are:
- One of the major symptoms of stomach ulcers is a burning sensation in the stomach that lasts between 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Another symptom of stomach ulcers is heartburn, which is the regurgitation of acid rich gastric juice in the esophagus.
- Stomach ulcers generally cause pain in upper abdomen and sometimes an outburst of pain may occur just after eating.
- Loss of appetite and weight are also rampant consequences of stomach ulcers.
- Other symptoms of stomach ulcers are black colored stool, blood in the stool, and recurrent vomiting.
Tips For Treating Stomach Ulcers At Home
- Goat milk is highly recommended for stomach ulcers as it quickens the process of healing the ulcers.
Prepare some tea made from fenugreek seeds. Moistened fenugreek seeds are mucilaginous in nature and a tea made from them deposits a layer of mucilage in stomach, thereby healing the ulcers.
- You should consume juices of raw vegetables like carrot and cabbage to treat ulcers in the stomach.
Almond milk is also beneficial in the treatment of stomach ulcers. Almond milk binds with excessive acid in stomach, thereby helping cure stomach ulcers.
- The intake of lemon juice or juice of other citrus fruits helps in curing stomach ulcers by stimulating the process of digestion.
- You may also consume an infusion of the leaves of wood apple to relieve the pain and discomfort caused by stomach ulcers. Soak the wood apple leaves in water for approximately 12 hours, strain the water, and then consume for best results.
- You must avoid excessive intake of caffeinated drinks, carbonated drinks, and processed foods.
You are also recommended to consume cabbage to facilitate quick healing of stomach ulcers. You may boil cabbage in double the quantity of water and consume it twice a day to relieve stomach ulcers.
- Consume juices of cucumber, beet, and spinach for effective healing of stomach ulcers.
Do remember to consult a doctor and follow the prescribed treatment. Stomach ulcers can be very serious if left untreated.