Treatment For Puffy Eyes – Cure For Puffy Eyes
Puffy eyes can be caused due to several factors. A diet with too much of salt; allergies; chemicals in make-up; chronic sinusitis; perfumes; and, detergents can eyes to puff up. Sometimes eye strain caused by working at the computer for long hours can lead to puffy eyes too. Even lack of sleep and exhaustion can cause puffy eyes.
This is a temporary problem and you can use some simple home remedies to cure puffy eyes. Here are some tips you can use to reduce the puffiness.
Simple Effective Home Remedies For Dark Circles
- The solution might lie in green or black tea. Both types of tea are known to soothe puffy eyes. It is believed that the caffeinated tea constricts the blood vessels, and decreases swelling. Herbal teas have anti-irritants that can reduce inflammation and redness.
- To prepare this home remedy, steep a couple of tea bags in hot water for a few minutes, and then let the bags cool. Then lie down and place the bags on your closed eyelids. You can cool the tea bags further by placing them in the fridge, and placing ice-cold tea bags on your eyelids.
- Take a few teaspoons and place them in the fridge to cool. Place a spoon on each eye lid for relief.
- Cucumbers come handy in reducing puffy eyes. Slice a cucumber and place a slice each on closed eyelids. Keep it that way for a few minutes before opening your eyes. This remedy is known to bring a lot of relief.
- Some even use egg whites to cure puffy eyes. Whip an egg white or two, and apply some below your eyes. This is supposed to tighten the skin around your eyes and reduce the puffiness.
- Potatoes are believed to have anti-inflammatory agents and are known to cure puffy eyes. Make a poultice by grating a potato and wrapping the gratings in a clean cloth and placing this compress on your eyes for relief.
- Splash your eyes with cold water. Keep splashing your eyes with water for a few minutes to soothe your puffy eyes. The cold water will constrict your blood vessels around your eyes, thus, reducing the puffiness.
- Drink a lot of water through the day. Water will keep your body hydrated and can reduce eye strain.
- You also need to reduce the amount of salt in your food. Too much of salt in the food can cause eyes to puff up.
- An eye massage and face massage can increase the blood circulation and reduce puffiness.