How To Prevent Appendicitis With Appendicitis Home Remedies
There are certain organs of the human body that are more or less vestigial. These organs are practically devoid of any significant functionality and as such, are of no use to human body. These organs include the pinna of the ear and vermiform appendix.
The vermiform appendix is a tube-like vestigial part located in the abdomen of the human body. Though the appendix does not perform any major function in the body, an infection of the appendix may lead to serious consequences. An inflammation of the appendix is referred to as appendicitis. Appendicitis is a medical emergency and has to be treated for immediate relief.
Appendicitis is caused by an obstruction of the cavity or lumen of the appendix with mucus, causing thrombosis and occlusion of small vessels. This may even lead to pus formation in the lumen of appendix.
Appendicitis Natural Remedies For Treating Appendicitis
There are a number of natural remedies to treat appendicitis, some of which are as follows:
- One of the most effective remedies to cure appendicitis is to consume fenugreek seeds. You may soak the seeds in water for three to four hours, grind them, and consume a teaspoon of this paste every day at least thrice a day for best results. You may also prepare a tea with fenugreek extract.
- You should consume the juice of beet or cucumber with carrot juice to cure appendicitis.
- You are advised to drink a liter of buttermilk everyday to sooth the appendix by relieving the inflammation.
- You may consume a teaspoon of green gram thrice a day.
- Substitute your cereal consumption with bran and wheat germ.
- You may also consume slices of ginger with rock salt.
- A decoction of holy basil can help relieve appendicitis.
- You may also consume the extract of ginger mixed with freshly ground turmeric powder to cure the ailment.
- You must not eat fermented foods as the basic ingredient of such foods is yeast, which may aggravate the affliction.
- You should consume certain vegetable juices like the juices of spinach, radish and coriander.
- You should drink lime water with honey to relieve appendicitis.
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Refrain from eating fish and other sea foods.
- You must drink a lot of water and include a lot of fluids in your diet.
- You must not eat fried foods, processed foods, and refined cereals. Also avoid drinking tea.
- These remedies may help you alleviate the symptoms of the ailment, but you must consult a doctor before you use them as this condition can even be fatal without the right treatment.
Read more information about appendix symptoms.