Home Remedies for Acne
Home remedies for acne are often preferred as they are gentle and help to enhance overall complexion as well as eliminate acne. These home remedies are particularly meant for those suffering from skin disorders, acne, or even people who want to improve the texture of their skin. While cosmetic products contain various therapeutic compounds that help to get rid of acne, they also contain chemical perfumes and coloring agents. Home remedies for acne are also easy to prepare as they generally require ingredients that are easy to procure and in fact, are present in most kitchens. But before we discuss acne home remedies, let’s understand what acne is.
Acne: Acne is a skin problem that causes inflammation and skin eruptions. Acne is a common feature in teenage kids. Surging hormones are generally known to lead to skin eruptions and pimples in adolescent children. However, many adults suffer from acne too. While an increase in the Testosterone hormone in the body as well as other hormones can cause acne in teenagers, genetic and physical factors can cause acne in adults. Bad lifestyle habits, psychological problems and stress can cause acne too.
Acne is not life-threatening or dangerous, but it can cause more than just physical scars. There will be hardly anyone who would want a face full of acne. It makes people very conscious about their appearance and can affect their self-esteem.
Natural remedies for treating acne: There are several herbal products and ingredients that you can use to treat acne naturally.
Tea Tree Oil: Obtained from the tea tree, tea tree oil is chock-a-bloc with bacteria-fighting substances known as Terpenes.
Aloe Vera: Fresh Aloe Vera gel is also effective in fighting acne. This gel is rich in enzymes that have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. You can apply aloe vera gel on pimples or even consume the gel, which can detoxify your digestive tract and clear up your skin.
Zinc: Capsules of zinc can repair the skin and help to prevent scarring.
Vitamin A and E: You can take Vitamin A supplements to improve the quality of your skin. Vitamin E is known to have antioxidant properties and combats acne.
Home remediesfor Acne: You can also counter acne by trying out some home remedies.
- First of all, to flush out all the bacteria from your body, you need to drink a lot of water every day. Water also hydrates your skin and makes it look fresh. You should avoid fried foods or foods cooked with a lot of spices, and include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- You can make a paste with the leaves of the Margosa tree, and apply it on your face.
- Before you go for a bath, you can apply a mixture of tomato pulp, rose water, and honey on your face. Wash it off after twenty minutes.
- You can also try applying a face pack made with Sandalwood paste as this will help to cleanse your skin of excess oils.
- You should also avoid heavy make-up, and make sure that you cleanse your face before you go to bed.