Rosemary Blue Flower For Freshness
Rosemary is an evergreen pale blue flower which has a sweet scent and grows in clusters. This has narrow leaves and flowers that are green on top and grey underneath. Dried leaves of the rosemary plant are often used for cosmetic and hygiene products. When dried, the leaves are brownish green in color and have a tea-like fragrance.
Dried rosemary leaves are used to produce volatile oil which is then used in the production of perfumes and medicines. However, rosemary oil sometimes causes allergic reactions; hence it should be used only after consulting a doctor and getting a prescription. It may also cause vomiting and spasms, so never consume it orally. Pregnant and breastfeeding or nursing women are advised to avoid using this oil. Excessive use may lead to a miscarriage or may affect the fetus. Some studies also suggest that rosemary essential oil may trigger epileptic episodes.
Some of the medical properties of this plant are:
- Rosemary is an excellent digestive aid as this herb helps to relieve indigestion and bloating. It also helps the body to easily digest starchy foods like pork, lima beans, and beef. You can have a cup of Rosemary tea sweetened with a spoonful of honey after your meals as this will help to prevent discomfort and lethargy.
- Shampoos and conditioners that include this herb or its volatile oils help to rejuvenate the scalp. Rosemary has a very high vitamin C content and so it is excellent in preventing infections. Add a handful of rosemary leaves and flowers to a small saucepan of water and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Allow this liquid to cool completely and then strain and refrigerate it. After you shampoo your hair, use this liquid to rinse your hair as it will help to prevent dandruff and other related scalp conditions.
- This liquid can also be used as part of a body wash as it has a fresh fragrance and it also helps to prevent skin infections. Alternately, you can use this liquid as a last rinse after your shower as it has very strong revitalizing and rejuvenating qualities.
- You can also add a few spoons of this liquid to a spoon of fuller’s earth. Mix this thoroughly and use the paste as a refreshing skin pack.
- Rosemary has been used in various forms of traditional medicine to eliminate mental fatigue and help prevent memory loss.
There are also many delicious recipes that would never be the same if it weren’t for the use of this herb.